For many years, people often thought that dairy products were not good for health as they caused many diseases. While there is a degree of truth in such opinions of people, dairy products themselves are not completely at fault. The main reasons behind this may be improper methods of raising dairy animals, incorrect processing of milk, and a lack of understanding about how to use milk products.
Dairy has an important role for most of us, not only in maintaining health but in promoting longevity. Dairy products were favourite foods for sages or yogis who did not find them harmful to their health. If you look at the Vedas, they gave more importance to dairy products than vegetables or fruits. Ayurveda uses dairy products in preparing medicines, particularly for improving disease resistance, and promoting recuperation and regeneration.
Now let’s focus on the benefits of cow milk to human
The benefits of cow milk are
- It nourishes the mind and heart.
- It is an ideal, exhilarating food.
- Sweet ( Swadu Paka) heavy to digest, has a cooling effect on the mind and body.
- It increases life expectancy.
- Improves intelligence and strength.
- Increases breast milk in a feeding mother.
- It helps in easy movement of the intestines.
- Relieves tiredness, excessive thirst, and hunger
- It delays ageing
- Rejoins broken tissues
- Cow milk calms Vata and Pitta and increases Kapha.
- Used by ayurvedic doctors in preparing ayurvedic medicines.
Importance of cow milk
It is packed with important nutrients like potassium, phosphorus, vitamin D, B vitamins, etc. By consuming milk, our bones will be strong and healthy. It is a nutritious beverage that provides a number of health benefits. Moreover, it is a versatile ingredient that can be added to the diet
Dairy products are considered to be important throughout all life periods, particularly during childhood to adolescence, in promoting strong and healthy skeletal, muscular, and neurologic development.