Ayurvedic seeds refer to various types of seeds used in Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional system of healing that originated in India thousands of years ago. These seeds are believed to possess medicinal properties and are used in Ayurvedic preparations to promote health and well-being. Here are some commonly used Ayurvedic seeds:
1. Fenugreek Seeds (Methi): Fenugreek seeds are widely used in Ayurvedic medicine for their various health benefits. They are believed to support digestion, promote healthy blood sugar levels, enhance milk production in breastfeeding mothers, and support overall wellness.
2. Cumin Seeds (Jeera): Cumin seeds are highly regarded in Ayurveda for their digestive properties. They are believed to improve digestion, reduce bloating and gas, and promote the overall balance of the digestive system.
3. Coriander Seeds (Dhania): Coriander seeds are used in Ayurvedic medicine for their cooling and soothing properties. They are believed to support digestion, detoxify the body, promote healthy skin, and balance the doshas (energetic principles) in Ayurveda.
4. Sesame Seeds (Til): Sesame seeds are considered valuable in Ayurveda for their nourishing and strengthening properties. They are believed to support healthy bones, promote healthy skin and hair, and provide overall nourishment to the body.
5. Black Mustard Seeds (Sarson): Black mustard seeds are used in Ayurvedic preparations for their pungent and stimulating properties. They are believed to support digestion, clear congestion, and promote circulation in the body.
6. Ajwain Seeds (Carom Seeds): Ajwain seeds are commonly used in Ayurveda for their digestive and carminative properties. They are believed to relieve gas, indigestion, and abdominal discomfort.