Ragi Dosa Recipe
Ragi Dosa is a healthy and delicious South Indian crepe made from finger millet flour (ragi). It’s a nutritious breakfast or snack option, and it’s gluten-free. Here’s a recipe to make ragi dosa:
For Ragi Dosa Batter:
- 1 cup finger millet (ragi) flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup urad dal (black gram) flour
- Salt to taste
For the Dosa Topping (optional):
- Finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and coriander leaves
- Oil or ghee for cooking
- Prepare the Ragi Dosa Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the finger millet (ragi) flour, rice flour, urad dal flour, and salt.
- Gradually add water while whisking to form a smooth and lump-free batter. The batter should have a consistency similar to regular dosa batter. It should be thin enough to spread easily on the griddle.
- Ferment the Batter (Optional):
- You can allow the batter to ferment for a few hours or overnight, which will enhance the flavor and texture of the dosas. To do this, cover the batter with a lid and leave it at room temperature.
- Prepare the Dosa Topping (Optional):
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and coriander leaves. Keep them ready to use as a topping for the dosa.
- Cook the Ragi Dosa:
- Heat a non-stick dosa griddle or a regular non-stick pan over medium heat. If your pan is not non-stick, lightly grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the ragi dosa batter onto the center of the hot griddle.
- Using the back of the ladle or a circular motion, spread the batter outward to form a thin, even dosa.
- Optionally, sprinkle the chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and coriander leaves evenly over the dosa.
- Drizzle a little oil or ghee around the edges of the dosa and a bit over the top (for a crispy texture).
- Cook the dosa until it turns golden brown and crispy on the bottom. This should take a few minutes.
- Flip the dosa and cook the other side for a minute or so until it’s cooked through and lightly browned.
- Remove the ragi dosa from the griddle and serve hot.
- Serve the ragi dosa hot with coconut chutney, sambar, or any other side dish of your choice.
Ragi dosa is a nutritious and wholesome breakfast or snack option. It’s rich in calcium, fiber, and protein due to the finger millet flour, making it a great choice for those looking for gluten-free and healthier alternatives to regular dosas.
Content Specific Keywords:#healthyeating#jowar#milletsfarm#bajra#indianfood#milletsfarmcentre#homemade#fingermillet#frilford#eathealthy#milletsnacks#southindianfood#milletsfarmshop#organic#farmshop#sorghum#Millet Upma#Ragi Dosa Recipe