Millet Stuffed Bell Peppers
Millet Stuffed Bell Peppers are a healthy and flavorful dish made with bell peppers filled with a mixture of cooked millets and vegetables. Here is a simple recipe for making millet stuffed bell peppers:
- 4 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup millets
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Rinse the millets several times and drain.
- Heat the water and add salt per taste in a medium saucepan.
- Add the rinsed millets and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan, and let the millets cook for about 20-25 minutes or until they are tender and the water is absorbed.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a sharp knife, remove the tops and seeds from the bell peppers.
- A medium skillet should be heated with olive oil. The onion and garlic should be soft after about 5 minutes of cooking.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked millets and remove the skillet from heat.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the millet and vegetable mixture.
- Place the stuffed bell peppers in a baking dish and top each pepper with grated cheese.
- Bake the stuffed bell peppers for about 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bell peppers are tender.
- Serve the baked millet stuffed bell peppers and enjoy your nutritious and delicious dish!
Enjoy your healthy and flavorful millet stuffed bell peppers!
Content Specific Keywords:#healthyeating#jowar#milletsfarm#bajra#indianfood#milletsfarmcentre#homemade#fingermillet#frilford#eathealthy#milletsnacks#southindianfood#milletsfarmshop#organic#farmshop#sorghum#Millet Upma#Ragi Dosa Recipe#Bajra Roti Recipe#MilletKhichdi#MilletPilaf#MilletCrusteQuiche#MilletBasedDesserts#Millet StuffedBellPeppers