Millet Khichdi is a classic Indian dish made with millets, lentils, and spices. It is a nutritious, comfort food that is easy to make and is popular in many regions of India. Here is a simple recipe for making millet khichdi:
- 1 cup millets
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Wash the millets and dal several times and drain.
- Over medium heat, heat the ghee or oil. Let cumin and mustard seeds crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and green chili and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the washed millets, dal, turmeric powder, salt, and water to the pot and stir to combine.
- After bringing the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover it.
- Cook the khichdi for about 20-25 minutes or until the millets and dal are soft and the water is absorbed.
- Fluff the khichdi with a fork and serve hot, garnished with cilantro if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious millet khichdi!
Content Specific Keywords:#healthyeating#jowar#milletsfarm#bajra#indianfood#milletsfarmcentre#homemade#fingermillet#frilford#eathealthy#milletsnacks#southindianfood#milletsfarmshop#organic#farmshop#sorghum#Millet Upma#Ragi Dosa Recipe#Bajra Roti Recipe#MilletKhichdi