In Hinduism, there is a prominent place for pujas and havans. These havans were performed by our ancestors for a cause. According to Hindu scriptures, these homams are performed by chanting powerful mantras, and each of these homams is associated with different deities for different aspects on different days in a calendar year. Chandi Homam is a very powerful homam for professional success, health, and wealth. Chandi homam is a very auspicious sacrificial fire ritual dedicated to Goddess Chandi. Chandi, or Chandika, is the synthesis of three Amma avatars: Maa Parvathi, Maa Lakshmi, and Maa Saraswathi, who are the consorts of Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu, and Lord Brahma, respectively.
She is the instinctive energy that is responsible for creation. She is the savior of her children, and she gives Abhaya to protect them from all evil. To restore Dharma and destroy the Adharma Goddess Adhiparashakthi, or Amma, it takes many avatars, like Durga, Kali, Saraswati, Lakshmi, Chandi, and Chamundi, etc. This homam is performed to worship Amma’s most ferocious incarnation, called Chandi or Chandika. She cannot tolerate evil acts. Wherever Adharma reigns, she prevails, restores Dharma, and slays evildoers without any mercy. She is omnipotent and depicted with three eyes adorned with a crescent moon. She carries auspicious weapons and emblems, jewels and ornaments, garments and utensils, garlands, and beaded rosaries, all offered by the gods, in her multiple hands.
- If one notices the spiritual worship, they give importance to the feminine energy and highlight it in each of the rituals.
- The well-known DeviMahatmya/Saptashati can be found in the Markandeya Purana. It is divided into three stories about Chandika fighting and destroying. The evil forces represented by Madhu, Kaithabha, Mahishasura, Shumbha, and Nishumbha
- These stories are precisely narrated in thirteen chapters in the form of 700 stanzas. They are known as santrasmantras, lts mans, and discovered benefits. The Atharva Shirsha Upanishad, also known as the Devi Upanishad, contains a one-letter mantra called Navakshari.
Let’s know who can perform this Homam
- A person with acute Graha doshas in their horoscope should go ahead and perform Chandi homam
- Anyone who needs to cast a homam to remove a black magic spell or bad energy should do so in order to live a peaceful life.
- This sermon is recommended for those who are afraid of death.
- By performing this homam, one can settle their health and family issues.
- Can minimize the curses and obstacles that hinder their horoscopes for a long time.
- One who wants to get overnight fame, and wants to attain his or her goals or success can do so.
- Can accomplish desires by performing homam
- We can achieve anything in life if we practice chandi homam.
An auspicious day to perform Chandi homam
According to the purohits, there is no particular day to perform this homam. We can perform it on any day of the year. But if we want to make the most of this homam, they considered the following days to be very auspicious to perform it on an individual before sunset. Purohits recommend that this Homam be performed before twilight. The days are Mahalaxmi, Chaitra or Kartik Poornima, Mahaashtami¸ Jyeshtha Amavasya, etc. Maha Navratri is very optimistic about performing the Chandi Pooja. The number nine has spiritual significance. If we perform homam during the night, it will have adverse effects. Friday is a favorite day for Adiparashakthi.
5 Saptashi Parayana
6 Dampath Pooja
7.. Brahmachari Pooja–
- Turmeric powder,
- Fruits( Bananas and five other varieties)
- Rice ghee
- Dried coconut
- Paper napkins
- Cotton wicks
- Paper plates, etc
Suklāmbaradharaṃ viṣṇuṃ śaśivarṇaṃ caturbhujaṃ |prasannavadanaṃ dhyāyet sarva vighnopaśāntaye agajānana padmārkaṃ gajānanamaharniśaṃ |anekadaṃ taṃ bhaktānām ekadantam upāsmahe vakratuṇḍa mahākāa koṭisūryasamaprabha |nirvighnaṃ kuru me deva sarvakāryeṣu sarvadā |
A group of highly experienced and knowledgeable purohits or priests perform Chandi homam in front of a large homa kunda. It can also be done in a home or office. temples dedicated to Goddess Durga or Parvati like Sri Durga Parameshwari Temple in Mangalore, Sri Mookambika Temple at Mookambika, Chamudeshwari Temple at Mysore, and the Mahalakshmi Temple in Mumbai. In these temples, they perform Chandi Homam. The duration of the homam is 5 hours 30 min